Are you interested in looking up someone's IP address online, especially on Facebook? In this article, we will look at some ways you can find someone's IP address on Facebook.
Currently, it is hardly typical to hear of a person who doesn't know about Facebook. As a company that has been in existence for over a decade, Facebook has experienced tremendous growth.
Being a social media platform, Facebook has attracted many users who share their day-to-day experiences. In recent days, Facebook has also been used for business promotions and other advertisements, and people like it.
However, just like many other social media platforms, there have been many cases of bullying and the creation of pseudo accounts on Facebook. Sharing inappropriate content and scamming has become rampant on Facebook, and you may have probably been a victim.
Even with all the negativity around, some tech service providers have come up with ways to help you trace IP addresses for people you may want on Facebook. Here are some step-by-step tricks you can use to get someone's IP address on Facebook.
Use Location Tags and Hashtags
Using the location hashtags is the simplest way of finding someone's location. It does not take a lot of time, and neither does it require any IT expertise. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to go about it and how to go about it.
- Log into your Facebook account; you can use a browser or the Facebook app on your device.
- Search for the target's name on the search bar on top of the Facebook page. If their profile appears, click on it to open.
- If your target account is public, you will see their posts. If not, you will have to first friend request them before seeing more about them.
- Go through the target’s Facebook stories to check if they have a location tag. If not, go through some of their most recent posts.
- Once you find a post with a location tag on it, tap on it. Select to show location; the location will be generated to your device screen.
- By clicking the tag, you will be redirected to Google Maps. Here you will be shown the location, direction, and the time it will take you to get there.
Although it is easy to use this trick to get someone's location, it may not be reliable as the target could no longer be in the tagged location. It could also be misleading because the target could have posted the wrong location.
Sharing Location Option on Facebook
Did you know that Facebook has an option of sharing your location with friends? This is the simplest way to know the location of your target on Facebook. However, it requires some level of persuasiveness, you should be able to lure your target to sharing their location.
- On Facebook, go to the messages option and begin a conversation with your target. Ensure you do not raise their attention on the aim of the conversation.
- Mechanize the conversation to be more of a friendly chat. This will help you keep the target in the dark concerning your mission.
- On the top of the messenger panel, there are three dots. Tapping those dots gives you an option to share your location. When the location option appears, tap it to allow your target to see your location.
- After sharing your location with the target, talk them into allowing you to see their location as well.
By allowing you to see their location, the target will have let you know exactly where they are. This trick can be straightforward, but your target may refuse to share their location if you don't prove convincing enough. If that is the case, you may use other methods to get their IP address.
Use of IP Grabber to Get Someone’s IP Address on Facebook
As said earlier, there is software that can track and identify someone's IP address on Facebook. Here, all you need to do is lure your target into clicking a link on your Facebook post, and boom! You have their location. Sites such as Grabify, IP location, open tracker, and IP logger are specialists in mining user details. For now, let us use Grabify as an example.
- Open your Facebook app or visit the Facebook website and log into your account. Ensure that your target is online.
- Using the Messenger app, send a message to your target. You could also click on their profile and send them a message or use the message icon on the top bar alongside the friends’ icon if you don't have the messenger app. You can download it on the AppStore or play store.
- Start a friendly chat with your target. Ensure to make the chat interesting so that your target will be more comfortable clicking a link to a video or post you sent them.
- Once you feel that the conversation is mature, be ready to send the file, video, or even a simple picture.
- If you want to use a Facebook post, get to the post and copy the URL. Getting the URL can be done by clicking the three dots on the post's top right corner. If you opt to use a Facebook video, get to the video, click the three dots at the top, and then tap the ‘copy link' option.
- Create a new tab using your browser, visit Grabify and let it open.
- On Grabify, click the ‘enter valid URL or Tracking code option. Paste the URL code or link you had earlier copied on Facebook.
- You will be redirected to an option to complete the CAPTCHA, finish the process, and agree to the term of service.
- Be patient as the system generates a URL that you will send to the target. You can also customize the URL domain to something else, like bit.ly or goo. gl among others. This can be done by taping ‘other options'
- Once you have your customized link, send it to your target on Facebook messenger.
- When your target clicks the link, go back to Grabify and reload the URL. Within seconds, the target’s IP address will be displayed on the ‘result’ icon.
- On the Grabify homepage, tap the Grabify IP tracker option. Paste the IP address that you had acquired earlier. The results will be given shortly after, and the target location identified.
This method is the most common and widely used to track IP addresses. It proves to be fast and easy to use, one doesn’t have to be an IT guru to operate them.
Through Facebook Chat and Command Prompt
Command prompt is another exciting tool that IT-savvy individuals use to get IP addresses. It involves generating a long series of codes that will eventually reveal the IP address of an individual. Let's take a look at how the command prompt works.
- Using your computer, start a conversation using the Facebook messenger option.
- While ensuring the chat window is on; you can start your conversation with a greeting. Try to be friendly to your target to make them respond to your message. Once you get the response, then you are good to proceed.
- Minimize the Facebook window on your computer. Simultaneously press the windows icon together with the ‘R’ button. Alternatively, you can type the word ‘run’ on your windows search bar.
- On the ‘run’ page, type ‘cmd. This will open a command prompt that helps you get the IP address.
- Insert a ‘netstat-an' code, then run it. It is also essential to stop all other programs from running on your computer. This is to prevent their IP addresses from appearing on the command prompt.
- The system will generate many TCP scripts, so identity the IP has written ‘established.’
- Copy the IP and paste it on IP grabber sites such as Grabify and IP tracker. If you are using an IP tracker, a spacebar is located at the bottom of the page; paste the IP address there. For Grabify, locate the tracking code option and paste the IP there.
- For both of the above sites, press enter. The website software will run and generate information about the IP bearer. The details that you are likely to get include the target location, their area code, the browser they are using, and even their phone.
How to Keep Yourself from a Facebook Tracker
Having a password and a username is a good move in terms of protecting your Facebook account. However, there are various ways in which your account can be compromised. You, therefore, need to have more reliable measures of keeping your Facebook account safe. This goes a long way in protecting your privacy and avoids being hacked or your IP address being traced.
Let's take a look at some of the best ways to keep yourself safe from being traced on Facebook.
- Use Proxy
Proxies provide the best protection for your IP address. Many proxy service providers will give you proxy plans that mask your IP address. How do proxies work? You may ask.
Once you purchase a specific proxy plan from a provider, it acts as a getaway to a web browser. This means if you are sending a message to someone, the message will first be intercepted by the proxy then to the recipient.
Proxies make you remain anonymous because your actual IP address cannot be tracked by people trying to find it. Proxy providers have a massive pool of IP addresses that they give to their customers; this allows you to change your IP address whenever you want.
Additionally, proxies prevent web servers from getting hold of your actual IP address, enabling you to reach websites that may have banned you from accessing them.
With all this in mind, proxies can be the ultimate solution for protecting your IP address from being tracked on Facebook.
- Strengthen Your Password
A strong password is another good way to protect your IP address from being hacked. When setting up a password, you should try to use a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numerical, and other special symbols.
It is also advisable not to use a similar password in all your handles; this way, you can minimize the risks in case of an attack.
- Clear Chat History
Clearing chat history is advisable as fraudsters may use it to track you down. It would be best if you also made it a habit to clear your browsing history and cache. This removes traces of your IP address in the web browser, therefore, minimizing the chances of your IP being tracked.
- Use a Good Virus Guard
Some hackers can hack into your device by sending a system virus through Facebook. To avoid this, you need to invest in a good antivirus that will keep hackers away. You may opt to use a VPN or proxies to prevent such criminals from coming through your firewall and getting your IP address.
- Update the OS
By updating the OS, you get to prevent hackers from accessing your Facebook posts. This mitigates the chances of your IP address leaking. Updating your OS also helps limit the threat that Facebook malware and other viruses may have on your device.
Your IP address is an essential element that you need to protect at all costs. A simple thing like a Facebook message from a stranger may end up being a hack on your IP address. Also, remember that an IP address could lead to your sensitive details, including passwords and bank details.
Using IP grabbers such as Grabify and IP tracker could give you access to anyone's IP address in a short time. Using a command prompt is also a great way of getting hold of an IP address you need. However, the Facebook location feature is the easiest way you can use IP addresses.
Last Updated on August 4, 2021